Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok real question on cylinder heads.look inside

Quote Originally Posted by Jack&Kool-Aid View Post
    Ok ok my car is picking up 30mph in the back half wide open and it's picking up 33mph when I'm on the stop......I want it to pick up 40 mph on the stop and 44mph wide open......so to me that means getting the converter and rear gear ratio sorted out.Plus find more power. And I know where more is at.

Right now dad's car is only picking up 25 mph in the back half .I think we need to get that lined out before we put the throttle stop on it. Then the old mans car will become a Turbo-400 on the stop Guinea pig..Then if we can get it sorted out quicker than the 700 throttle stop passes it took me to get that powerglides 60' sorted out only then will I go to a turbo 400.

I would like to know what Larry Quinn's is picking up in the back half.
    I doubt Larry's car is picking up 30 as his MPH has always been low for his ET.

Torry picked only 29 MPH, but it did go 5.73 at almost 120 MPH in the 1/8. In working with Torry, he has always focused on building torque and getting the car moving out of the gate.

Calvin Hill
    Hill Performance
    708-250-7420

to get biggest top end,
    you would need to have the biggest breathing ports and components available for the heads- that means quest or max cast ports, cnc ram, 55mm cam, 15cr...
    if youre not running these, then you should take off your skirt and get serious
    jim
    ps. making sure the secondaries are all the way open will be a big help too
    Last edited by Roland Racing; 10-10-2014 at 05:56 PM.

2.48 1st gear will help my car from the 660-1320????I have 2 glides....have you priced transmissions lately?
    In case a TH400 looks attractive, our trans builder thinks highly of John Kilgore's Superlite TH400. The rotating weight is reduced by 30 lbs. meaning big reduction in the HP loss in the trans.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Racing View Post
    to get biggest top end,
    you would need to have the biggest breathing ports and components available for the heads- that means quest or max cast ports, cnc ram, 55mm cam, 15cr...
    jim
    ps. making sure the secondaries are all the way open will be a big help too

LOL Secondaries are taken care of on dad car.

Thanks
    Last edited by Jack&Kool-Aid; 10-11-2014 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Racing View Post
    to get biggest top end,
    you would need to have the biggest breathing ports and components available for the heads- that means QUEST or MAX CAST ports, cnc ram, 55mm cam, 15cr...
    jim
    Jim were you talking to me Jason H. On that comment?

Jim were you talking to me Jason H. On that comment?

... I think he's just razzin' ya' ...