Thread: My 71 Cataline Freeway Enforcer

Default My 71 Cataline Freeway Enforcer

I have never been the 1st to post in a section before, WOOHOOO!!!!!!

Just a little info on me, I have always been into Odd Performance Pontiac's, and this spring I picked up a 37,000 mile PHS Documented 71 Catalina Freeway Enforcer. Former Car of the Chambersburg PA Police Chief. 455 4bbl, TH-400, 3.23 open axle. Low option car. 4-door Sedan, no A/C or Radio. The few options it has are PS, PB, the duel exhaust 455 4bbl, Carpeting, Comfort Grip Steering wheel, HD front and rear seat cushions, Delux wheel covers, Power Trunk release, and rear window defogger.
    As far as I can tell the freeway enforcer package added a convertible frame, 12" rear brakes, 15X8 plain steel wheels, roof wiring harness, certified Speedometer, a baffled fuel tank, and some odd reroughting of the fuel lines. It has 5 return lines going back to the fuel tank. The engine is odd as well. It is listed as a "High Performance 455 4bbl" on the PHS. So far it looks like the standard D-port 455, but with a dual snorkel Air Cleaner, and 1970 style Ram Air III exhaust manifolds. We are assuming 4 bolt mains, but do not know that for a fact.
    The previous owner added the Vinyl Top. I hope to restore it back to its in service condition. I am getting ready to reinstall the gas tank after getting the 3 inches of rust removed from it, and having the inside coated. Hope to get it fired back up in a week or so.
    It still has the Ticket writing desk in the front seat, and came with the rear seat divider in the trunk.
    What do you all think?

[QUjammerjeff;8038]I have never been the 1st to post in a section before, WOOHOOO!!!!!!

Just a little info on me, I have always been into Odd Performance Pontiac's, and this spring I picked up a 37,000 mile PHS Documented 71 Catalina Freeway Enforcer. Former Car of the Chambersburg PA Police Chief. 455 4bbl, TH-400, 3.23 open axle. Low option car. 4-door Sedan, no A/C or Radio. The few options it has are PS, PB, the duel exhaust 455 4bbl, Carpeting, Comfort Grip Steering wheel, HD front and rear seat cushions, Delux wheel covers, Power Trunk release, and rear window defogger.
    As far as I can tell the freeway enforcer package added a convertible frame, 12" rear brakes, 15X8 plain steel wheels, roof wiring harness, certified Speedometer, a baffled fuel tank, and some odd reroughting of the fuel lines. It has 5 return lines going back to the fuel tank. The engine is odd as well. It is listed as a "High Performance 455 4bbl" on the PHS. So far it looks like the standard D-port 455, but with a dual snorkel Air Cleaner, and 1970 style Ram Air III exhaust manifolds. We are assuming 4 bolt mains, but do not know that for a fact.
    The previous owner added the Vinyl Top. I hope to restore it back to its in service condition. I am getting ready to reinstall the gas tank after getting the 3 inches of rust removed from it, and having the inside coated. Hope to get it fired back up in a week or so.
    It still has the Ticket writing desk in the front seat, and came with the rear seat divider in the trunk.
    What do you all think?

[/QUOTE]

... that is really cool, does it boogie ?? ...

It should, but I will not know until I get the gas tank back in, I have been working 12's six days a week all summer and have not had the ambition to get it back in.